Applications are now open for Front and Centre, an Arts Leadership Program for women with disability.
Front and Centre is a professional development program for women with disability or who are d/Deaf working in the arts, creative and cultural sectors across New South Wales, the ACT, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania.
Produced by Accessible Arts with support from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Office for Women and Arts Access Victoria, Front and Centre aims to address the lack of representation for women with disability in arts leadership roles, by providing training and valuable networking opportunities.
Program outcomes include:
- Increased and intersectional diversity in arts, creative and cultural leadership
- Career development – changes in career aspirations and strategic actions taken
- Advocacy – introductions, speaking engagements, publications
- Connections – network of leaders and influencers supporting the program
- Representation – participants will be encouraged to take active steps towards further leadership development
- Online group sessions will be held throughout 2023, including onboarding information sessions and workshops, and webinars on topics including self-expression, service, community, self-care and financial literacy
- Eight private career and leadership coaching sessions will be held online with accredited specialist arts and creative leadership coach Judith Bowtell of Albany Lane Consulting (www.albanylane.com.au)
- Access to Albany Lane’s Learning Lab, including the online Career Development program’s self-assessment tools, values and skills matrix
- Access to the Front and Centre private Facebook group and alumni, and support from the Accessible Arts team
- Introduction to potential mentors, women leaders, and arts and creative professionals as part of the Next Steps element of the program
- Graduation event in Sydney in November 2023 (Travel and accommodation costs to attend the Graduation event will be covered)
- Tuesday 4 October 2022 – Applications open
- Thursday 27th October, 10am – Online Information Session and Q&A (registrations essential – click here to register)
- Monday 28 November 2022 – Applications close at 5pm AEST
- Monday 19 December 2022 – program outcome notification
- February to November 2023 – Onboarding program (online information sessions, group workshops and private career and leadership coaching sessions)
Front and Centre is open to women with disability or who are d/Deaf, or who have a chronic illness or mental health condition, and are living in New South Wales, the ACT, Victoria, South Australia or Tasmania.
First Nations women, women from culturally linguistic backgrounds, older women, and women in regional locations are encouraged to apply.
- Commitment to your development as an artist, creative, arts or cultural worker
- Community engagement through an involvement in activities outside of your own creative practise or organisation
- Awareness of issues affecting the arts sector in New South Wales, the ACT, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania
- Willingness to take on feedback and reflect, and openness to external challenges
- An understanding of the importance of diversity in sustainability of arts culture, the barriers to representation and one’s own place within the arts and cultural sector
Watch the Zoom recording of the Front and Centre Information Session here. Please note you will need to enter the passcode c8gL+6f#
To view Auslan interpretation of the recording, select ‘Gallery View’ via the icon in the bottom right hand corner.