Regional Arts Australia is inviting people aged 18-24 with an interest in storytelling and writing to submit an EOI to be part of the second cohort of Regional Scribes.
Regional Scribes is an opportunity for young people in any stage of their writing and storytelling journeys to overcome the vastness of space and isolation by coming together virtually to meet with like-minded peers across the country.
Successful Regional Scribes participants will get to:
- Take part in regular monthly online meet-ups over 4 months (10 in total)
- Connect with peers in meaningful ways via phone and the internet
- Hear from guest speakers active in their storytelling/writing journey
- Receive $500 towards your own professional development
- Access materials to support their creative practice
Zoya and Haneen are two artists and arts workers based across two ends of the Northern Territory (Mparntwe/Alice Springs and Garamilla/Darwin). While they’ve both been in the arts for a little while now, they are always looking for new ways to work with others, to connect, and to better understand the world through art.
Together, they hope to work with Regional Scribes participants to:
- Share their knowledge across storytelling, writing and the arts more broadly
- Connect with new people who may become new friends, collaborators, mentors or art crushes
- Find new ways to be together
- Prove that you can make great work where you already are
Access and Participation:
Regional Scribes is limited to 20 participants, so submitting an EOI is not a guarantee of inclusion in the project.
Access to the internet is a requirement, but not a hurdle. If you are interested in the Regional Scribes program and would like some assistance achieving a better quality of internet, or the right materials to participate, please do not hesitate to contact the Regional Scribes Facilitators Zoya and Haneen.
If you have any other access needs, please detail them in the form below so that Regional Scribes may accommodate everyone to the best of our ability.
If you have any other questions, queries, or concerns, please reach out to Regional Scribes Facilitators Zoya and Haneen at email@example.com
- You are between the ages of 18-24 years old
- You live in a regional or remote area – classified MM2-MM7 (search through https://www.modifiedmonashmodel.com/. If you live in an MM1 area you are not eligible for this program).
- You are an Australian citizen or resident for, at least, the period of the program
- You have an interest in writing and/or storytelling
Call out dates:
Opens: 7 Nov 2022
Closes: 19 Dec 2022, midnight wherever you are
Notification: in mid-Jan 2023
How to Apply:
Please complete the Expression of Interest form.
Zoya and Haneen at firstname.lastname@example.org