The Museums & Galleries NSW has shared a collection of resources by the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM), to assist with the process of salvaging water damaged collections for museums and galleries.
The Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials has compiled an invaluable resource that cover a variety of instructions for dealing with water-damaged materials.
All AICCM information sheets are available for download
- After a Flood Brochure – what you can do to salvage water damaged possessions.
- Preparing for imminent disasters
- What to do if water is in your building
- Caring for collections: Disasters Part 1. How to recover a flood damaged collection – State Library of Queensland
- Caring for collections: Disasters Part 2: How to salvage your water damaged collection – State Library of Queensland
- How do I salvage flood-damaged records? – National Archives of Australia
- Salvaging water-damaged collections