Expressions of interest are now open for the 2022 Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship, for the 2023/24 season! The Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship has been running since 1984 and is supported by the Australian Antarctic Division with support from ANAT.
The Arts Fellowship allows creatives to travel south to experience Antarctica, the sub-Antarctic and the Southern Ocean and Australia’s activities there so that they can communicate these unique first-hand experiences, insights and understanding to others.
The Arts Fellowship program aims to increase Australian and international awareness and appreciation of Antarctica, the sub-Antarctic, Southern Ocean and the Australian Antarctic Program. The program has a focus on communicating, within Australia and internationally:
- the activities of the Australian Antarctic Program
- the importance of the unique Antarctic and sub-Antarctic natural environment
- human stories and endeavours
- Australia’s historical Antarctic and sub-Antarctic legacy
- the international treaty history, values and cooperation that shape Antarctica’s geopolitical significance.
The Arts Fellowship advances these objectives through the work of people gifted in communicating through various media including (but not limited to) the visual arts, film-making, performance, writing, and music.
Deadline: 4 April 2022
Depending on COVID-19 impacts on the Australian Antarctic Program, it is hoped the Arts Fellow will travel south in the 2023/24 Antarctic season.
The Australian Antarctic Arts Fellowship is made possible by the Australian Antarctic Division in association with ANAT.