Playing Australia Project Investment supports performing arts tours to reach regional and remote communities across Australia. The program supports net touring costs and other designated costs associated with tours. There is no limit on the amount that can be requested.
Please note there have been changes recently introduced which may alter your approach to applying for Playing Australia.
These changes give you the opportunity to:
- present a proposed tour with an unconfirmed itinerary
- propose an alternative touring model such as a residency model with live performance outcomes
- present a tour that includes significant and targeted community engagement
- present an annual touring program for single or multiple works
- propose a digital tour.
The next round closing dates are:
- Tuesday 7 June 2022, 3pm AEST for projects starting after 1 September 2022.
- Tuesday 11 October 2022, 3pm AEDT for projects starting after 1 January 2023.
Image: Sydney, January 18, 2018: A scene from The Wider Earth, showing during the 2018 Sydney Festival (photo by Jamie Williams)