Apply now to take part in the Disability and Culturally Diverse Internship Program, a paid internship program provided by Accessible Arts, Diversity Arts Australia, and a range of arts, cultural and screen organisations across NSW and the ACT.
Eight applicants will be selected who identify as a person with disability or d/Deaf as well as culturally and linguistically diverse/person of colour. Training will be provided such as customised disability and cultural diversity awareness workshops as well as small business start-up workshops, ongoing business start-up and creative sector networking support beyond training, and work experience at two organisations.
Selection criteria includes:
- Must identify as both a person with disability and/or d/Deaf and culturally and linguistically diverse/person of colour
- Interest and enthusiasm as an emerging cultural or creative sector worker
- Engaged in disability, neurodiversity and racial justice discourse
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications
- Nurturing some form of creative/arts/crafts practice (desirable but not essential)
The internship will pay $30 p/hour.