Led by the Cad Factory, the CASE Incubator is a professional development, knowledge sharing and mentorship program which is part of the Create NSW group of service organisation activities. The program is aimed at socially engaged artists who are seeking to develop their practice, engage their peers, create networking opportunities with diverse partners, and contribute back to the sector.
The program will run from 2021-2023 with four NSW artists employed in the first four months, and another four in the second year. Artists will be supported by the Cad Factory in the undertaking of the professional development program that examines and bolsters their own practice, while contributing to public programs and online resources that will assist in the ethical development of socially engaged arts practice in NSW.
Artists will recieve a $4,000 stipend for participation in the program, accommodation and travel expenses. Through intensive residency periods over 12 months, the artists will work with Cad Factory mentors as well as project partners from a variety of sectors including:
1. Health, Mental Health and Wellbeing
– Dr Susan Coulson, Sydney Facial Nerve Clinic
– Shoalhaven Health and the Arts
– Dr Clive Parkinson, Manchester Metropolitan University
– Arts & Health Network NSW/ACT
– Western Riverina Arts, Leeton
3. Arts and Disability
– The Art Factory Supported Studio, Wagga Wagga
– Bluecoat, Liverpool UK
– Clontarf Academy, Narrandera High School
Expressions of interest close at midnight on Friday, 22 October 2021.