Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for RANSW’s staff, partnerships, programs and growth to ensure that we continue to be the loudest voice in the room as the peak body for artists and arts and cultural organisations located in regional NSW.
RANSW’s CEO will lead the Organisation’s vision, purpose and strategy. Our CEO’s experience and knowledge will guarantee that RANSW remains a leading peak body, while building new cross-sectoral partnerships and retaining and growing those we already have.
Our CEO will need to be a highly skilled communicator. The successful applicant must be able to advocate the needs and aspirations of those we represent at all levels, speak to small groups as well as large conferences and prepare submissions and responses. We are seeking someone who embraces challenges, seeks innovation and is comfortable forging partnerships and alliances that benefit the sector we represent.
- Deliver the Regional Arts NSW (RANSW) Strategic Plan
- Engage actively with Regional Arts Australia to support national intiativies that are consistent with the RANSW Strategic Plan
- Manage the day-to-day operations of RANSW.
- Provide authoritative and expert advice to the Board on matters including strategic direction, policy, program development, management practices and organisational performance.
- Oversee existing programs and work with staff to develop and implement new programs, as appropriate and within available resources.
- Nurture and maintain close and supportive relationships with Regional Arts Development Organisations (RADOs) and other arts and cultural organisations operating in regional NSW.
- Degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
The initial term of appointment will be for 12 months with the option to renew for a further 2 years and a commencement date of 17 January 2022. The RANSW office is located at 10 Hickson Road, Sydney. Our staff currently work from this location. The Board will consider flexible working arrangements, however the expectation is that at least half of the CEO’s time will be spent at the Sydney Office.
Please submit your CV and Expression of Interest outlining:
- Your interest in the position
- How the skills and attributes you bring to the role address selection criteria
- Your experience or understanding of the operation of peak organisations
- Your understanding of the issues, challenges and opportunities facing the sector that RANSW services
- Your application must include two references.
Expressions of interest are open until November 7, 2021 with interviews commencing November 21, 2021.
To apply, email your EOI and CV to Julie Briggs, Chair of RANSW. email@example.com
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
CREATING AND MAINTAINING THE ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and purpose of a peak organisation.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to arts and cultural practice in regional Australia.
- Demonstrated capacity to form positive partnerships and collaborations
- Demonstrated capacity to manage a diverse workforce and work in cross-cultural settings.
- High degree of professionalism, judgement and discretion.
LEADERSHIP AND VISION
- Demonstrated success in leading a small to medium membership-based organisation preferably in the arts, cultural or related sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of the arts in Australia and particularly in regional areas.
- Demonstrated capacity to build the influence and impact of the organisation by developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, manage and grow a talented staff team and contractor cohort.
- Proven capacity for sound oversight of financial, legal and contractual organisational obligations.
- Demonstrated experience in attaining pipeline funding opportunities that promote programs and partnerships that strengthen the sustainability of the Organisation.
- Exemplary communication skills, including persuasive negotiating and public speaking abilities.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to people of diverse cultural, social and demographic backgrounds.
- Sound technological literacy and clear written communication skills.