Southern Tablelands Arts is pleased to announce funding to 8 organisations in the NSW Southern Tablelands through their Country Arts Support Program (CASP). The organisations span the area, located in Wingecarribee, Hilltops, Queanbeayan-Palerang, Goulburn Mulwaree and Yass Valley.
The successful applicants are:
- Bundanoon Folk Festival Association: Find Your Folk – Emerging Artists Program
- “We are completely thrilled to receive this grant, which will help emerging artists get the performance experience and exposure they need. Support of this kind is critical following the dearth of performance during COVID-19 lockdowns, it helps revive our cultural life – Winsome Hall, Bundanoon Folk Festival Association
- Irish & CelticMusic Festival: Poetry Workshops, Performance and Mentoring for Youth
- CASP will help fund a page-to-stage program for young people, including three poetry workshops and performance opportunities at the Irish & Celtic Music Festival in Yass.
- SILO SOUNDS Inc: Youth Classical Music Mentoring Program
- CASP to fund 6 musical mentoring programs – musical engagement, education and entertinment to the town’s pre-school, primary and junior high school children
- Aunty Matilda’s workshop and story-telling session
- Local elder Aunty Matilda will facillitate a workshop about the cultural importance of the Possum Cloak at The Queanbeyan Hive. It will be an opportunity for the community to participate in the cration and telling of their own story on a piece of possum skin during the Heritage Festival.
- Under the Influence
- CASP to support the production of bittersweet musical and theatrical performance in which Bungendore’s caberat duo Shortis & Simpson lead Braidwood’s Mikelangelo (Michael Simic) through his musical influences
- Connecting Community Through Clay
- Young adults with intellectual disability and members of the Goulbrn Community Garden will work together to design, create and install a clay mural inspired and informed by nature.
- Bowral District Arts Society: Workroom Lockers
- CASP to fund the purchase of lockers for use in three workshops to be used by students, volunteers and tutors at Bowral District Arts Society. These lockers will enhance the learning experience of students who utilise the workshops 6 days per week.
- Goulburn District Art Society: Tutored Workshop Program
- “We are extremel grateful for the CASP grant awarded through STARTS to subsidise the costs of our workshops. This grant provides a wonderful opportunity to our GDAS members and other artists to particpate in the exciting program planned for 2023.”
Image: Goulburn District Arts Society