National Capital Art Prize is a not-for-profit company established in Canberra in March 2021. Managed by honorary Directors, the company supports and showcases Australian artists and celebrates their skill and diversity through an annual national painting competition. The competition was also established to profile Australia’s National Capital as a cultural hub.
All funds generated through partnerships and entry fees are used in the running of the National Capital Art Prize and are continuously reinvested in the Prize to encourage artistic endeavour into the future.
With a prize pool of more than $45,000, this competition aims to ignite the passion and courage of artists across the country, many of whom lost the opportunity to display and sell their work during 2020-2021 with its devastating impact on the arts sector.
The annual National Capital Art Prize is established to:
- Promote culturally diverse artistic endeavours
- Showcase the talent of Australian artists
- Support the artistic education and endeavours of young people
- Nurture the creative development of artists in Australia
- Provide a forum where art can be viewed, studied, critiqued and sold
The annual competition offers an exciting platform for Australian artists of all genres, ages and level of experience.