The Paul Guest Prize is an award and exhibition held biennially that highlights contemporary drawing practice in Australia. The Prize was initiated by former Family Court Judge and Olympic rower, The Honourable Paul Guest OAM QC and encourages artists from across Australia to engage with the important medium of drawing in contemporary art practice. The Prize is a non-acquisitive cash award of $15,000.
It has been announced that the leading Australian artist Gareth Sansom will be the 2022 judge.
- Entry fee $45 (for up to 2 works)
- Open to all Australian artists (citizens of Australia or residents for 12 months)
- $15,000 prize is non-acquisitive
- Artists can submit a maximum of two works completed since 1 June 2021
- Works must not exceed 2 metres in any direction including frame
2022 key dates
Entries close: 4pm, Friday 13 May
Finalists announced: Friday 10 June
Winner announcement: Friday 5 August 7 pm
Finalist exhibition: Saturday 6 August – Sunday 30 October
Image: Richard Lewer 2020 (detail) 2020, charcoal on museum rag board. 100 x 150cm. Courtesy of the artist and sullivan+strumpf, Sydney