The Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) Program is an Australian Government program administered by the Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA) in 2021–22aims to promote domestic tourism into regional and remote parts of Australia to assist community arts and cultural organisations—including museums, galleries and historical societies—to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
Not-for-profit incorporated community arts and cultural organisations can apply for grants of up to $3,000 (plus GST where applicable) to support eligible activities, which includes, for example:
- additional COVID-19 cleaning and hygiene measures
- cleaning, conservation or development of collections or exhibits
- purchasing computer hardware and/or software to facilitate the digitisation of the collection, including website modifications (website modifications may include improving online access)
- purchasing other computer equipment to facilitate better collection management such as computers, printers and scanners
- improving conditions for volunteers and collections through the purchase of furniture, display cabinets, better kitchen facilities or other related items
- assisting with costs of reopening or restoration or holding a community event that promotes the collection, including guest speakers and/or performers for such events, or otherwise facilitating recovery from the impact of COVID-19.
Funding application period: Applications open on 5 November 2021 and will remain open until 29 April 2022 or until all funds are allocated, whichever is sooner. Applications will be assessed in batches of 50–100.