The National Indigenous Visual Arts Action Plan 2021-25 has been released! The plan sets out a 5-year path for the Australian Government and the sector to work together on priorities, including:
- Delivering economic opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Promoting ethical dealing
- Ensuring the sector is able to embrace opportunities for growth and develop new markets
- Investing in art centres to equip them with the technology, professional training and space they need
- Connecting consumers with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists
The plan’s initiatives have a strong focus on building economic opportunities and safeguarding cultural practices in a modern digital environment. A successful industry will see the continued production, exhibition, purchase and collection of Indigenous visual art. further, the plan aims to increase employment, career pathways and training opportunities to support a professional, viable and ethical Indigenous arts industry.