Regional Futures is a statewide project that celebrates the diversity of creative practice across regional NSW. The project will involve commissioning an artist in each Regional Arts Development Organisation catchment to create new work that is their response to the question “What is the future for your region?” These creative responses will come together in a symposium/artist summit planned for the second stage of the project across 2022/23.
The Regional Arts Network is seeking to appoint a regionally based First Nations Curator. The role will oversee and support the appropriate engagement of First Nation artists plus assist with ensuring that the process and outcomes of the project work within cultural protocols.
The First Nation Curator responsibilities;
• Be an active partner in the assessment and selection of artists across the EoI process for Regional Futures
• Support First Nation artists selected to be involved in Regional Futures throughout the project
• Support RADO’s that do not have a First Nation artist represented in the project to appropriately connect with local Traditional Knowledge Holders/Elders
• Liaise and connect with the Aboriginal Regional Arts Alliance, keeping them up to date on the project and listen to their advice and guidance on the direction of the project
• Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and Creative Director to ensure that Regional Futures is an exemplary project in regard to engagement with First Nation artists and communities
How to apply:
We want to hear about your experience in this field, what skills and networks you bring with you and how you would approach this role.
You can provide your response in a cover letter (no more than 1 A4 page) OR short (under 3 minute) video OR short (under 3 minute) voice recording.
We would also like to see:
● Two references
For Supplemental information of the project or to submit your interest please contact Creative Director Narelle Vogel on 0458 716 283 or email@example.com
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm on 15 December 2021 so that we can appoint the First Nation Curator before the end of the year. The role will commence from mid to late January 2022.
This role is supported by Create NSW and the Regional Arts Network