Making Money Business - Business Skills for Aboriginal Artists (2015)
Aboriginal artists living in regional areas were given the opportunity to build their business skills with RANSW workshops run by business advisor, David Sharpe.
David developed the workshops with RANSW in response to a need identified through a survey of Aboriginal artists who attended the 2014 Black Arts Market for business skills including promotion, pricing, distribution and developing a business plan. The workshops are funded through the Australian Government Regional Arts Fund.
Artists attending the workshops in May and June in the Murray Arts, Orana Arts and Arts Northern Rivers regions in May and June 2015 rated the workshops ‘excellent’ particularly sessions on goals and strategies, developing a market stall and online sales.
One participant said the workshop content highlighted the important tools needed to create an ongoing business.
Following this positive feedback futher workshops were run in another eight regional arts boards on the following dates:
- Eastern Riverina Arts, Wagga Wagga, 29 October
- Western Riverina Arts, Griffith, 30 October
- Arts Mid North Coast, Taree, 4 November
- Arts Upper Hunter, Muswellbrook, 5 November
- South East Arts, Narooma, 12 November
- Arts OutWest , Orange, 20 November
- Arts North West, Moree, 26 November
- Outback Arts, Coonamble, 27 November