Women's Adventure Grant
The Travel Play Live Women’s Adventure Grant aims to encourage applicant(s) to consider a creative approach when submitting their application with a strong message that adventure has the power to create positive change, whether it be individual, locally or globally.
Applications are welcome from Australian women of all ages and backgrounds who are planning an expedition or adventurous project and can demonstrate how they will endeavour to use the grant funds, in an innovative, creative and adventurous way to showcase the power of adventure to affect change.
The grant recipient within each category will receive:
- $5000.00 cash
- Technical gear specific to their particular adventure from Jack Wolfskin & our partners.
- Mentoring and ongoing support from Ambassador Hanny Alston and the Travel Play Live team.
- Media coverage via Travel Play Live Magazine and online channels, plus exposure via our partners. Under 18 recipient will also receive coverage in Bella Rae Magazine.
Shortlisted recipients will be invited to be a part of the mentoring process and introduced to our partners to support them in reaching their goals. They will also receive media coverage via Travel Play Live Magazine and online channels.
- The Travel Play Live Adventure Grant Sponsorship is not available for commercial expeditions or pre-paid tours, including organised charity and fundraising tours.
- All applicants must be Australian Citizens
- Expedition / Project to be completed before March 2019
- Deliver a presentation alongside the Travel Play Live Team within six months of their return/completion of the expedition/project, and be available for publicity for the project.
- Acknowledgement of support from the Travel Play Live Adventure Grant in any interviews, articles, lectures, blog posts or general publicity received (within reason).
- Successful applicants are expected to contribute monthly updates of their progress where possible, and a provide a unique written article and supporting images about their expedition/project for Travel Play Live Magazine & Website, to be submitted within two months of their return from the expedition. (Support will be given with this)
- Provide photos and videos for reasonable promotional use by Travel Play Live to promote the Grant in the coming years. (copyright remains with the photographer/videographer and credit will be given where required)
- Under 18’s Category – Within this category, the funding may also be used to participate in skills training or competing at a national or international level in outdoor pursuits.
- Be willing to allow first Australian Magazine rights to Travel Play Live Magazine on your story
- For finished films that come from the grant program Gutsy Girls Adventure Film Tour would like first option to include the film on Tour.
- Along with the completed form, you will be required to submit a 90 sec video introducing yourself and your adventure project as a part of the application process. Please ensure that you have permission to use any music or additional photography, as your video application may be used for promotional public use.
1. Expeditions for Change
We are after applicants whose primary goal of their adventure is to create change locally, nationally or globally via their project or expedition. This category is open to:
- Scientists and conservationists who may be conducting fieldwork in intrepid, extreme or remote locations.
- Explorers and adventurers who are using their expedition to raise awareness on social or environmental causes.
- Women forging new ground in the adventure arena and challenging boundaries
2. Adventure Film & Photography
We are after female photographers, documentary makers or filmmakers who are capturing the heartbeat of adventure across the globe. This category is open to creative women who are equally as adventurous as the subjects or locations whose story they are telling.
For the finished films that come from the grant program Gutsy Girls Adventure Film Tour would like first option to include the film on Tour. The film maker must hold the intellectual property rights and distribution rights. The film maker must acquire the performing rights for any music contained in the film and provide evidence should it be required. Preferred format to receive and screen films is 16:9 ratio PAL format, preferred export settings for Quicktime files are Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) at HDTV 1920×1080 square pixels. Audio 48kHz, 24-bit discrete channel or 44.1kHz and 16-bit stereo.
3. Young Adventurers
We are on the lookout for young women adventurers under 18 years of age who are pioneering the way for their generation to embrace the heartbeat of adventure. Within this category, the funding may also be used to participate in skills training or competing at a national or international level in outdoor pursuits.
4. Women Adventurers over 50
We are seeking women 50 and over pushing the boundaries of expectations when it comes to adventure.
For more information visit www.travelplaylive.com.au/grants-apply.