Volunteer Grants Activity 2019- 20
Grants are to support the ongoing delivery of services or one-off projects and activities to encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
The purpose of the grants is to:
- provide support and recognition for volunteers
- maximise and promote volunteering participation, including opportunities to increase the diversity of volunteers and the ways in which people volunteer
- maximise opportunities for volunteering to provide pathways to other forms of social and economic participation
- support the development of a volunteering sector that is responsive to emerging trends and issues
- encourage/maximise leadership, mentoring and volunteering activity
- provide on-the-ground support and information for volunteers and volunteer-using organisations in locations where there is identified need
- provide access to the resources and support volunteers and volunteer using organisations need to operate effectively and efficiently, and
- build effective volunteering practices and opportunities within organisations and communities.
Open: 6 December 2019
Closes: 6 April 2020
All DSS grants are advertised on the Community Grants Hub website and organisations are encouraged to subscribe to receive updates and other grant alerts.