Support Grants help individuals and communities to participate fully in community life and assist in building community capacity. Support Grants are flexible and varied, ranging from individual support for young people to participate in sport to providing services.
Priority areas are established each year. Applications must address at least one of the identified priority areas.
Support Grants of up to $10,000 for an organisation and up to $500 for individuals are available to:
- non-profit sharing community organisations
- registered sporting clubs in sports recognised by the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS).
Eligibility criteria and excluded activities are clearly outlined in our Grants Program booklet, please take the time to review this prior to submitting an application.
2017 Priority Areas are:
- Projects/ initiatives that use sport to engage with young people from refugee backgrounds
- Support for migrants, refugees and asylum seekers who are not or no longer eligible for settlement support
- Promoting the meaningful participation of women and girls in the community
- Regional communities where service gaps in meeting the needs of the diverse communities is evident
- Supporting the participation of people with a disability from diverse backgrounds.