Regional Arts Fund (RAF) Project Grants
ABOUT THE REGIONAL ARTS FUND
RAF Project Grant re-opening 12 July 2021.
The next RAF Projects Grant round will open on 12 July at 9:00am and close on Monday 23 August at midnight. There are some significant changes to this program so please read the guidelines carefully. They are detailed as the RAF has moved to national guidelines that are the same for all states and territories participating in this program.
The objectives of the Regional Arts Fund are to support and promote participation in, and access to, Australia’s arts and culture in regional and remote Australia, and through doing so:
- encourage and support sustainable economic, social and cultural outcomes in regional communities;
- develop partnerships and networks which leverage financial and/or in−kind support for regional arts projects and encourage ongoing collaboration;
- develop audiences and broaden community engagement with the arts;
- increase employment and professional development opportunities for, and raise the profile of, regional and remote artists; and support quality and viability of artistic and cultural activity
Project Grants will fund high-quality arts projects benefitting regional or remote artists, arts workers, audiences and communities. The focus of the project could include any area of creative practice, multiple artforms or cross-disciplinary practice.
Your application will be assessed against five criteria:
- Impact – Encourage and support sustainable economic, social and cultural outcomes in regional communities.
- Support and Partnerships – Develop partnerships and networks which leverage financial and/or in−kind support for regional arts projects and encourage ongoing collaboration.
- Reach – Develop audiences and broaden community engagement with the arts
- Opportunity – Increase employment and professional development opportunities for, and raise the profile of, regional and remote artists.
- Quality & Viability – Support quality and viability of artistic and cultural activity.
There are no longer separate categories for RAF Projects grants.
The maximum amount you can apply for is $30,000, but you must discuss with the RANSW Grants Manager if you are applying for amounts over $20,000. You can also apply for a multi-year grant for a maximum of two years to support the development and delivery of a single project across financial years with a maximum of $30,000 per year. Again, please discuss with our grants manager before applying.
There are new requirements for those working with children or vulnerable people. Please check guidelines
APPLYING VIA SMARTYGRANTS
When the grant round is open, a link below will take you to the Regional Arts Australia online application system. If you have not used SmartyGrants before you will need to set up an account. This account and password can be used to go back to your application at any time and will be the same for any other grants you might apply for in the future using the Smartygrants system. Your application will be available to you until you click SUBMIT, or the closing date is reached.
For detalied information regarding eligiblity, please see Here
If you have any enquiries about the RAF contact the Manager, Grants & Projects at Regional Arts NSW Tel 02 9270 2502 Email email@example.com. Successful applicants can download the RAF Logos HERE
PREVIOUS REGIONAL ARTS FUND PROJECTS
Previous successful grant projects can be found via the list of Previous Recipients below, with select case studies available to read here. If you have questions about whether your project is eligible for the Regional Arts Fund, contact the Manager, Grants & Projects at Regional Arts NSW on 02 9270 2502 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.