Maritime Museums of Australia Project Support Scheme
2020 support for bushfire affected organisations:
In support of those organisations affected by the summer of 2019–20 bushfire crises across the country, a priority weighting will be given by the Selection Committee to applications submitted by these organisations.
The museum’s grant and internship program (known as the Maritime Museums of Australia Project Support Scheme or MMAPSS) offers funding to regional museums and organisations to help preserve or display objects of national and historical maritime significance.
It also supports staff or volunteers, from remote or regional organisations, to spend time learning specific skills and making valuable connections.
The scheme gives grants of up to $15,000 for projects that fall into one of these categories:
- Collection management (registration, documentation and storage)
- Conservation (preservation, vessel restoration, conservation work/treatments and professional assessments)
- Presentation (research, development of exhibitions, establishing interpretative displays and workshops)
- Development of relevant education or public programs which make collections more accessible to audiences
- Museological training for paid or unpaid workers of not-for-profit organisations caring for Australia’s maritime collections.
- Internships funding of up to $3,000 is also available to help develop museological skills and knowledge to increase standards of practice in caring for and managing maritime collections.
For more information see The Australian National Maritime Museum