International Marketing Support: Festivals and Awards
For the promotion of Australian content and talent at key international festivals and awards events, enabling the enhancement of international marketing strategies.
Screen Australia funding may contribute towards the marketing budget for:
- publicist fees
- promotional materials
- attendance by the director or producer (supported by a clear plan to be implemented at the event)
- attendance by high profile Australian cast on the red carpet at gala festival screenings, eg films in competition or significant programs (an associated publicity schedule will be a deliverable)
- mandatory materials required by the festivals
- attendance by the writer may be considered where there are clear benefits.
- Invitation to a festival or awards event does not guarantee support. Approval is subject to the soundness of the marketing strategy and its plan for implementation, availability of funds and the strength of the application.
A project cannot receive more than one grant under this program, unless the second is for an eligible award (ie, Academy Awards®, British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards, Emmy Awards®).
For more information visit the Screen Australia website.