Indigenous Makers’ Studio
The Indigenous Makers’ Studio is a new NORPA initiative supporting emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Artists originating from or residing in NSW, who have a strong desire to develop their performance practise.
Eight artists will be selected to partake in a 2 week intensive residency program at NORPA in Lismore NSW in July 2019.
The residency will support artists to:
- Develop and expand their skills in; physical theatre, improvisation and duo and solo building.
- Seed new performance works or develop existing work under the guidance of esteemed mid-career Indigenous Artists, NORPA Artistic Director Julian Louis and NORPA Associate Artists.
- Establish professional connections and share skills with other artists working across disciplines.
- Refine their professional career goals and performance practise with the support of experienced Indigenous mentors working in the industry and NORPA staff.
- Contribute to discussion on contemporary cultural protocol and process.
When: 15th July – 26th July 2019
Where: The Studio, NORPA
Are you an Indigenous artist originating from or residing in NSW, at the beginning of your career or a recent graduate wanting to move your performance practise to the next level? Are you looking to develop and learn new skills in devising physical theatre, explore new ideas with your peers and learn from experienced tutors who are also practising artists?
If this sounds like you, we invite you to APPLY to be a part of the Indigenous Makers’ Studio.
Selected artists will be:
- Paid a weekly wage based on LPA rates.
- Provided with financial support for accommodation, travel and living away from home allowances.
- Provided with documentation of any work created during the residency
- Provided with producer and marketing advice for the continuation of their work and career.
Applications open: Monday 10th December 2018
Applications close: Tuesday 15th January 2019
For more information visit norpa.org.au/indigenous-makers-studio