Hilla Rebay International Fellowship
The Hilla Rebay International Fellowship offers an opportunity for a graduate student to undertake in-depth professional training at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York; the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao; and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice.
Begun in 2001, this multisite 10-month fellowship offers an opportunity for one graduate student to undertake in-depth professional training at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York; the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao; and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice. The fellow will spend a minimum of three months at each site and will gain exposure to museum operations through departments including Curatorial, Education, and Registration.
The Fellowship schedule is as follows (approximate dates):
- September 15–December 15: Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
- January 15–April 15: Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
- May 15–July 15: Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice
The Hilla Rebay International Fellowship offers an introduction to the unique operational structure of the multinational museum, as well as practical museum training experience to individuals interested in pursuing careers in the curatorial field. Each fellow receives funding of USD $30,000 (subject to taxes). This fellowship is in honor of Baroness Hilla von Rebay, the Guggenheim Museum’s first director, and is made possible with generous support from The Hilla von Rebay Foundation.
Minimum MA/MPhil in art history or related academic fields. Doctoral candidates or recent PhD graduates are encouraged and welcomed to apply. Candidates must have fluency in spoken and written English, Spanish, and Italian.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation (English translations must be included)
- Transcripts from all universities attended—including language certificates if applicable
- Writing sample (10 pages)—an academic paper or excerpt from a thesis or dissertation preferred (English translation must be included)
- Please note: Language certificates are not required, however candidate’s fluency in each language will be tested during interviews.
Applications must be sent by e-mail in PDF format to email@example.com. The deadline for application is May 15 each year and applicants will be notified of the result of their application in late July.
For more information visit the website.