Creative Arts Fellowship
The Fellowship offers a grant to support creative practitioners and artists to undertake a sustained period of intensive work at the Library, using the rich and varied collections to develop a new art-work or body of work or an artistic concept for future elaboration. The Fellowship is open to established and emerging artists.
The Fellow undertakes a minimum four-week residency at the Library, funded by the Friends of the National Library. The Fellow may extend the duration of the residency but will not receive further funding. The 2018 Creative Arts Fellow should aim to complete the residency by 30 June 2018, unless otherwise agreed, but is not expected to complete the artwork within this period. The Fellow will be expected to give a public presentation on the progress or completion of their project within the calendar year.
Fellows receive during their residency:
- $10,000, which can be used as a stipend for travel support and accommodation or for project expenses
- Special access to collections and staff expertise
- Access to office facilities and a personal workstation
- Copies of collection materials (within reasonable limits and according to access conditions)
- Fellows become part of the Library’s community of staff, researchers and Friends.
For more information visit the National Library of Australia website.