COVID Development Grants
These grants aim to:
- Provide targeted support to individuals and groups in the ‘small-to-medium’ sector in NSW in recognition of their role as important generators of cultural and artistic activity and crucial employers of artists across the state.
- Mitigate the impact of disruption on the development of new works and collaborations by the small-to-medium sector in NSW
- Improve working conditions and opportunities for individuals who are suffering loss of income and opportunities, requiring targeted support as part of the economic recovery in NSW.
- Create greater sustainability for generating revenue and income in the cultural and creative sectors to build resilience against future shocks.
What can I apply for?
Funding is available for:
- Creation, development and presentation of new works
- Employment of artists or arts/culture workers
- Skills development or training specific to your career, a project or initiative such as digital-upskilling
- Marketing, fundraising and promotional costs
- Workshops and other public programs
- A component of the grant could be used to purchase of equipment or digital resources required to deliver new programs, projects including online/digital initiatives.
How much can I apply for?
Two streams of funding are available under this program:
- Individuals and Groups can apply for up to $5,000
- Organisations can apply for up to $10,000
Note that clients eligible for the COVID $75 million Performing Arts package and/or in receipt of Create NSW multi-year funding are not eligible to apply for COVID Development Grants.
If you are a small community organisation who has already received funding through Rescue and Restart you will need to contact Create NSW before applying.
For more info visit Create NSW