How well does your museum or gallery building perform in terms of collection care, environmental sustainability and visitor access? M&G NSW has funding to provide for professional assessment of small to medium museum and gallery buildings in NSW.
You do not have to be in a heritage building! Any public museum or gallery with 15 or fewer staff can apply (see the Guidelines for eligibility details)
Building assessments will focus on the environmental performance of the building, reporting on:
- The condition of the building fabric;
- Energy efficiency of the building;
- The stability of internal environmental conditions;
- The need for, or impact of, air-conditioning and lighting systems on the building environment;
- Relevant building regulations that need to be adhered to when considering modifications;
- Compliance with the National Construction Code requirements for access and egress.
Previous recipients of a building assessment (or those already holding an equivalent report) may apply for:
- Building modifications or repairs
Building Assessment Reports: Commissioned by M&G NSW.
For more information visit the Museums and Galleries of NSW website.