Brett Whiteley Travelling Art Scholarship
Each year, the Brett Whiteley Studio, administered by the Art Gallery of NSW, invites applications for a major travelling art scholarship. The scholarship is awarded to a talented young artist/painter with an established body of work who is best able to demonstrate the use and benefit of the scholarship to further their art education in Europe.
Mrs Beryl Whiteley (1917–2010) generously allocated funds for the scholarship in memory of her son, Brett Whiteley, both to encourage excellence in painting and to offer young artists the same opportunity to develop their careers as were afforded to her son.
Key dates for 2020
- Scholarship residency period: continuous occupancy July – September 2021
- Applicant eligibility period: born between 22 May 1989 and 22 May 2000 inclusive, an Australian citizen since at least 22 May 2018, and living in Australia between 22 May and 5 August 2020
- Date of works: completed 22 May 2019 – 22 May 2020
- Applications open: 27 April 2020
- Applications close: 22 May 2020, 5pm
- Applicants notified of shortlist: 10 June 2020
- Delivery deadline for shortlisted works: By appointment Tuesdays and Wednesdays only, 16 June – 1 July 2020
- Finalists and winner announced: 5 August 2020
- Exhibition: 6 August – 30 August 2020
Further details available on the Brett Whiteley Studio pages.