ANZ Seeds of Renewal Grant
The ANZ Seeds of Renewal Program, which has been running since 2003, demonstrates ANZ’s belief in vibrant, sustainable rural communities.
The program focuses specifically on helping build vibrant and sustainable rural communities, to ensure the ongoing prosperity of regional Australia. It is built on two key tenets:
- Vibrant communities are diverse and inclusive with strong social capital, where everyone can participate and build a better life.
- Sustainable communities innovate, expand and create opportunities that will deliver demonstrable medium-to-long-term economic benefit to the community, contributing to economic sustainability.
Through the Seeds of Renewal program, ANZ commits $250,000 which is distributed through grants of up to $15,000 to community organisations for projects that will help their community thrive.
Examples of projects that could receive a grant include:
- Providing training opportunities to enable community members to build skills, increasing their capacity for employment or creating business opportunities.
- Supporting programs that help develop micro-business or social enterprises that involve strong community engagement and help to create employment opportunities.
Strong projects include those that:
- Focus on building local capacity and increasing community participation
- Benefit a large number of people from a diverse range of social groups
- Encourage inclusion and participation of under-represented and marginalised groups
- Will deliver ongoing and widespread economic benefits to the community and contribute to economic sustainability.
For more information visit the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal website.