Grants From Southern Cross University
The Quadrangle is calling out for aspiring designers to design dynamic, sustainable, playful and innovative structures to be installed in the new open-air cultural precinct in the middle of Lismore. This project is sponsored by Southern Cross University who are funding the successful projects.
The Quad is a new multi-purpose outdoor space located between the Lismore Regional Gallery, the Conservatorium of Music and the Lismore Library.
The overriding purpose of this project is to test different ways that the precinct can be utilised by audiences, children, and the general public. The project is also interested in profiling sustainable materials and practices, creating micro venues and spaces to re-purpose the use of the site and provide shade during the hot summer months.
The longer term vision for this project it to experiment with what structures might be built permanently built by Lismore City Council in the site in the future. The successful submission will be chosen by a panel of industry professionals.
- Use of sustainable materials
- Growing or living materials
- Local recycled materials
- Robust structure that can sustain climbing and interaction
- Innovative and playful use of public space that encourages different uses of the site
- Provides shade
- Provide a welcoming space for people of all ages to relax and enjoy
- Community participation to build the structure during install
Please email your Expression of Interest with the following:
- A brief overview of your previous experience
- Up to 5 images of your previous projects
- A description of your proposed structure
- A sketch or reference imagery of your proposed structure
- How your structure meets the above criteria (desired but not essential)
$7,000 (ex gst). This is a flat fee to deliver the project in its entirety including artist fees and materials.
- Brent McAlister: Director of Sustainable Development Lismore City Council
- Dominic Finlay-Jones: Founding Principle Dominic Finlay Jones Architects
- Jane Fullerton: Director Fullerton Creative Landscape and Interior Design
- Dr Stephen Garett: Head of Art and Design Southern Cross University
- Closing: TBA
- Categories: Awards & Prizes, Creative Industries
- Open To: Individuals, Organisations