The NSW Artists’ Grant has been initiated by NAVA to assist professional visual and media arts, craft and design practitioners residing in NSW to produce, present and promote their work throughout NSW, interstate and overseas. Artists residing in regional NSW and Western Sydney are encouraged to apply. This program is funded by Create NSW, an agency of the New South Wales Government and supported by the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian State and Territory Governments.
This grant provides assistance towards the costs of:
- Production of new creative work
- Presentation of work in a venue
- Residencies involving the production of new work/ presentation of new work
- Production and distribution of an artist’s publication or portfolio
- Setting up a website, preparing a publicity campaign
$1,250 plus GST for individuals
$2,500 plus GST for groups/collectives
Important Dates: This grant operates in quarterly rounds. Applications for this round close 23:59 AEST Sunday 21 July 2019. Funds from this round can be used for projects or exhibitions taking place in November, December 2019, January, February 2020 only.