Grants From Gordon Darling Foundation
What does the Gordon Darling Foundation support?
The Foundation provides funding for a range of visual arts projects Australia-wide.
Funding may be provided for:
- catalogues and publications
- that are scholarly
- that provide a permanent record of an exhibition, collection, artist or movement
- the Foundation does not fund souvenir or promotional publications
- exhibition development excluding marketing or promotional costs
- professional education initiatives including individual professional development
- research projects
The Foundation does not normally fund:
- capital works
- general or core activities
- retrospective funding
- recurrent funding of a project
Who is eligible?
The Foundation can only provide funding to Public Institutions in Australia.Individuals wishing to apply for funding for projects are required to partner with a Public Institution which then takes responsibility for the project.
The Trustees will normally award only one application per organisation in any given year.
- The Foundation encourages applications from all over Australia.
- The Foundation is a funder of innovative projects.
- The Foundation is a funder of projects providing increased access to the visual arts.
- Projects will be expected to attract considerable public exposure.
- Projects should demonstrate the highest levels of professional practice.
- The Foundation may be the sole grant provider or the lead donor or a participant in a collaborative funding with other private and/or public donors.
- The Foundation will not normally support projects that have been almost fully funded from other sources.
- Preference will be given to projects which will tour.
Read the guidelines.
Contact the Gordon Darling Foundation to request an application form and detailed guidelines:
Phone: 03 9820 3168, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrators: Aileen Ellis/Sherrie Antonio
Applications must be submitted by mail in hard-copy on the current year’s form with any supporting material.
Submissions will be examined by the Trustees of the Foundation three times a year in March, June and October. The closing dates for applications are 7 January, 31 May and 30 September respectively. Read more
- Closing: Ongoing
- Categories: Visual Arts
- Open To: Organisations