Grants From Australian Government Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet invites applications for grant funding for activities that contribute to the achievement of any combination of outcomes identified in the Indigenous Advancement Strategy programme information provided in Annexure 1 of the IAS Grant Guidelines.
The types of activities that may be funded will address one or more of the Government’s priority areas:
- Education – activities focused on increased school attendance and improved educational outcomes that lead to employment. This includes activities that nurture and educate Indigenous children, youth and adults to improve pathways to prosperity and wellbeing. This includes improving family and parenting support; early childhood development, care and education; school education; youth engagement and transition; and higher education.
- Employment and Economic Development – support to connect working age Indigenous Australians with real and sustainable jobs, including ensuring remote jobseekers participate in activities and gain experience that builds work-readiness and contributes to the broader community, foster Indigenous business and to assist Indigenous people to generate economic and social benefits, including from natural and cultural assets and including the effective management of Indigenous-owned land and seas.
- Community Safety – activities that make communities safer for Indigenous Australians, enabling them to enjoy similar levels of physical, emotional and social wellbeing as those enjoyed by other Australians.
- Closing: Ongoing
- Categories: All Artforms / General, Indigenous
- Open To: Individuals, Organisations