Grants Closing in December 2018
What does the Gordon Darling Foundation support?
The Foundation provides funding for a range of visual arts projects Australia-wide.
Funding may be provided for:
- catalogues and publications
- that are scholarly
- that provide a permanent record of an exhibition, collection, artist or movement
- the Foundation does not fund souvenir or promotional publications
- exhibition development excluding marketing or promotional costs
- professional education initiatives including individual professional development
- research projects
The Foundation does not normally fund:
- capital works
- general or core activities
- retrospective funding
- recurrent funding of a project
Who is eligible?
The Foundation can only provide funding to Public Institutions in Australia.Individuals wishing to apply for funding for projects are required to partner with a Public Institution which then takes responsibility for the project.
The Trustees will normally award only one application per organisation in any given year.
- The Foundation encourages applications from all over Australia.
- The Foundation is a funder of innovative projects.
- The Foundation is a funder of projects providing increased access to the visual arts.
- Projects will be expected to attract considerable public exposure.
- Projects should demonstrate the highest levels of professional practice.
- The Foundation may be the sole grant provider or the lead donor or a participant in a collaborative funding with other private and/or public donors.
- The Foundation will not normally support projects that have been almost fully funded from other sources.
- Preference will be given to projects which will tour.
Read the guidelines.
Contact the Gordon Darling Foundation to request an application form and detailed guidelines:
Phone: 03 9820 3168, Email: email@example.com
Administrators: Aileen Ellis/Sherrie Antonio
Applications must be submitted by mail in hard-copy on the current year’s form with any supporting material.
Submissions will be examined by the Trustees of the Foundation three times a year in March, June and October. The closing dates for applications are 7 January, 31 May and 30 September respectively. Read more
- Closing: Ongoing
- Categories: Visual Arts
- Open To: Organisations
Artist Support Quick Response funding provides professional development opportunities for NSW-based professional artists and arts/cultural workers to support skills development, take up outstanding opportunities of significance for their practice and/or develop markets.
Funding for projects that are solely focused on the creation, development and presentation of work should be submitted to Arts and Cultural Projects or another appropriate Arts and Cultural Development Program category.
The information on this page is a guide only. Before you apply, please read the Arts and Cultural Development Program guidelines (ACDP guidelines) for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
Who can apply?
- Individual artists, practitioners and arts/cultural workers
- Partnerships and groups.
Please note: priority will be give to applicants who have not received Artist Support funding in the last 12 months.
Read more about this funding category in the ACDP guidelines.
For more information visit the Create NSW website. Read more
- Closing: Ongoing
- Categories: All Artforms / General
- Open To: Individuals, Organisations