Southern Highlands Arts Festival 2017
Image: Marlene Murray, ‘Joadja valley last summer’ (detail).
Immerse yourself in the creative environment of the Southern Highlands, New South Wales, and join us for the annual Arts Festival and Art Studio Trail this November!
Get ready for your Art Trail adventure…
The Highlands is renowned for its strong community of artists, drawn to the area for the fresh air, natural beauty and lifestyle which provide the perfect environment to inspire creativity. Once again SHAF’s feature event is the annual Southern Highlands Art Studio Trail, when artists open their studio doors and allow visitors inside. With 44 studios to choose from this year, you need to make a plan!
The Art Studio Trail is on the weekends of 4-5 November and 11-12 November. Opening hours are 10am – 5pm. Entry is free but come prepared to be tempted by what you will see – a purchase made on the Art Trail comes with the memory of where it was made and who made it and will always be special.
Discover the work of local painters, sculptors, ceramicists, jewellers, wood turners, photographers, textile artists, illustrators, printmakers, bookbinders and metalwork artists.
Explore and enjoy the beauty of the Highlands and be prepared for an adventure as you travel through the towns, villages and back roads of the Shire from one Open Studio to another!
And the Festival continues….Try something different at other Festival Events through the whole month of November…
Festival events include music from chamber to blues – plus exhibitions, vintage markets, film and other creative experiences.
- See how textile artists are pushing the boundaries of what can be done with thread
- Try out a different type of music – chamber music, early music or a concert band
- Experience the fine work of a master of ceramics or wood graduating students
- Have some art with your coffee at a café based exhibition
- Buy yourself, or a loved one, a memorable gift of art
- Spend some time to yourself browsing through a vintage market or fair
- Explore the art collection of a national trust property
- Beat the blues by kicking up your heels at a blues concert
- Find out what happens at a collaborative art event
For more information visit www.shaf.com.au or visit www.facebook.com/SHAFAST.
For enquiries, contact Jenny Kena, Wingecarribee Shire Council on (02) 4868 0855, or email email@example.com.