Sawtell Art Gallery | Ros Robertson Mixed Media Workshop
Sawtell Art Group presents the Ros Robertson Mixed Media Workshop, taking place at Sawtell Art Gallery on Saturday 23 June and Sunday 24 June, 2018.
Ros Robertson is a well known local artist whose career spans more than thirty years, and whose work has been widely collected by both private and corporate sectors. She has won numerous awards and has been selected as a finalist in national competitions. A highlight of one was being exhibited at Parliament House and included in a tour of Australian galleries.
In recent years Ros has enjoyed teaching and combines the knowledge gained from a Diploma in Visual Arts, countless workshops with notable Australian artists and her considerable experience to the classroom. She has been a popular tutor at Camp Creative each year and has given workshops at venues throughout NSW on many occasions.
Primarily known as a landscape painter Ros resists boundaries and relishes exploration of all mediums and genres.
Workshop places are in demand and limited to 10 people, so preference will be given to people who pay the full amount on enrolment.
To enrol you can make a payment in person at the gallery, or by Direct Deposit to:
Sawtell Art Group Inc.
Bananacoast Credit Union
BSB No. 533000
Account Number No. 72128
Reference your name and RRW, so Sawtell Art Group can identify your payment and place you in the workshop.
- Drawing materials, pencils, charcoal, ink, one or two permanent markers (black) plus a sketchbook. Sketch pad should be of medium size (approx. 9” x 12”) with paper strong enough to paint on. The sketch pad will be used for experimenting with a variety of methods, in drawing, painting, collage and printmaking.
- Two sheets of paper suitable for mixed media for developing ideas into a larger work. (Canaletto is a good one and not expensive). It needs to be sturdy enough not to buckle when wet.
- One primed canvas (a size you’re comfortable with). Prime over an old painting for a spare if you wish.
- Two sturdy water containers, a water spray and a couple of palettes.
- Acrylic paints; a warm and a cool of each of the primaries, plus black, white and gesso. This is a basic requirement. By all means throw in other favourites.
- A selection of brushes, from a rigger (liner) to a house painting brush. Scrapers, rollers, sticks anything you can find to make different marks.
- An old shirt or apron to protect your clothing.
To keep the list uncomplicated and manageable Ros will be supplying additional materials and tools. Feel free to contact her on 0497365107 or email@example.com with any questions.
For more information email the Sawtell Art Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.