Regional & Public Galleries of NSW Conference
Registrations are open for the biennial Regional & Public Galleries NSW 2016 Conference, this year titled ‘Reframing the Future’. The conference will consider the increasing need for regional galleries to become flexible in their approach in order to remain relevant.
The conference program will include short presentations by a range of speakers, including:
- Brett Adlington, Director, Lismore Regional Gallery
- Sally Basser, Executive Director, Ministry for the Arts
- Liam Benson, artist
- John Cheeseman, Director, Mosman Art Gallery
- Karla Dickens, artist
- Troy Green, General Manager, Tweed Shire Council
- Nicholas Harding, artist
- Jacqui Hemsley, Director, Murray Art Museum Albury
- Tim Lynch, Coordinator of Culture Services, Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Michael Lynch, CBE, AM, former CEO, West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, Hong Kong
- Jo McKellar, Manager, Destination Research
- Margaret Meagher, Executive Director, Arts and Health Australia
- Steve Miller, Aboriginal Programs Manager, Museums & Galleries of NSW
- Susi Muddiman, Director, Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre
- Djon Mundine, OAM, curator and writer
- Jacquie Riddell, Director, Public Engagement, Art Gallery of NSW
- Chris Saines, CNZM, Director, Queensland Art Gallery | Gallery of Modern Art
- Louise Silburn, Director, Transforming Partnerships
- Kris Tito, Arts Development Manager, Accessible Arts
- Craig Walsh, artist
- Sally Watterson, Project Manager – Arts & Culture, Local Government NSW
- Marcus Westbury, broadcaster and writer
- Frank Zaknich, General Manager, Albury City Council
Keynote addresses will be held by Michael Lynch, Chris Saines, and Marcus Westbury.
A conference dinner at Mavis’ Kitchen, Uki on the evening of the 14 March.
For more information and to register please visit Museums and Galleries NSW.