Grong Grong Creative House
Check Into This Artist Residency
Last Sunday, 4th August 2013, the local and visiting artists participating in The Cad Factory-conceived project Grong Grong Motel, moved into their own motel room to create the performance/installation in the room and its surrounds. In partnership with the Grong Grong Motor Inn and the Grong Grong Progress Society, this week-long intensive laboratory has allowed the artists the opportunity for deep exchange, exploration and presentation of ideas.
This Saturday everyone is invited to attend a free event presenting the work from the week. RADO for West Riverina Arts and project blogger, Derek Motion, said ‘the Grong Grong Motel will be transformed with whatever earthly and unearthly delights the artists have created during their times there.’
- Darrin Baker has worked in media production since 2002 recently completing the documentary “I Had a Dream: The Making of a Mural” a 30 minute documentary that chronicles the hidden history behind the “I have a Dream” mural on King Street in Newtown, Sydney.
- Scott Howie has been contributing to the cultural landscape in the Riverina for over twelve years as a practicing artist, educator and arts administrator.
- Julie Montgarrett has had over 70 solo and group visual arts exhibitions in Australia, Canada, Japan, the UK and Europe; and run landmark arts projects with indigenous and marginalized communities.
- Her Riot is a pseudonym or band name developed by Sarah McEwan in order to explore the way underground music, visual art and performance can combine to create sensory experiences and installations of internal worlds.
- Clytie Smith works across a variety of performance platforms in a variety of roles and is interested in fusions, intersections and strange collaborations.
- Directed by Vic McEwan is a composer, sound and installation artist, producer and director who is interested in landscape, communities, remote spaces and cross art form collaboration.
All of the artists have been blogging their stay here with reviews of the day going up late at night.
Join the Facebook event.