Funding Fundamentals - Grant Writing Webinars
Regional Arts NSW, with the support of Business Connect and Creative Plus Business will be delivering Grant Writing Webinars to help artists, organisations and arts workers construct applications that stand out from the crowd.
With the recent opening of applications for the 2020-2021 Regional Arts Fund and the additional RAF Boost program, RANSW wants to ensure that all applicants are equipped with the opportunity to learn grant writing skills that will help them to prepare and deliver a successful application.
About the Funding Fundamentals Webinars
Funding and grants are often held up as the holy grail of a successful arts career, but there is no such thing as ‘free’ money. Accessing government and philanthropic funding requires a great deal of work, from preparation to writing applications to delivery and successful acquittal. Funding also means ongoing research and groundwork to be ready for any applications, as well as maintaining the resolve to keep trying after an unsuccessful attempt.
Participants will learn:
- The different kinds of funding available
- Creating a Grant Folder (and being ready for opportunities)
- Researching Funding and Considering Applications
- Writing the Proposal – and avoiding the Common Errors
- Creating a Grant Calendar
- The Acquittal Process – and how to Recover from Setbacks
- Five Ways to FAIL at Grants.
The topics are covered with fun, flair and pictures in a relaxed and informal environment. Participants are encouraged to ask questions, share their stories, and get to know each other!
Participants will receive:
- A PDF Workbook containing additional materials and tools to support their learning;
- Lifetime access to a dedicated Funding Dropbox folder full of additional resources and help;
- Access to additional free resources and suggestions for professional grant assistance.
About the Presenter:
Business advisor and creative industries expert Monica Davidson from the Creative Plus Business Group. Monica is a writer and filmmaker by trade who learned how to run a successful creative business and now shares that knowledge with others. In her workshops Monica discusses her own experiences, and shares examples from the 900-plus people she has mentored through the process of starting and building their creative businesses.
Note: Registrations are essential.
Date: Thursday 23 July 2020
Time: 6pm – 8pm with a short break
Click here to register