Revenge served with champagne, Co-Opera's "Revenge of the Bat"
Revenge is a dish best served with champagne
Co-Opera have been bringing irreverent comedy and rollicking music to the regions with opera for the last 20 years and are now touring Strauss’s merry operetta, Revenge of the Bat (Die Fledermaus).
The farcical musical comily is wittily sung in English and has been reimagined by Co-Opera in the heady hey day or Art Deco Australia. It bubbles along as the audience follows the hilarious high-jinx of Gabriel von Einstein, glamorous high society of the 1920’s.
In the prologue, Dr Falke’s – The Bat (Die Fledermaus) – desire for revenge. He relates how, after a drunken party his friend, Eisenstein, left him naked in the centre of town with only his mask to cover his crown jewels. This humilation in front of the whole town requires revenge!
Vivacious characters, hilarity and mayhem ensue, all washed down with gulps of the best champagne!
- 22 Mar – Merimbula (email email@example.com )
- 23 Mar – Jindabyne (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 24 Mar – Tumbarumba (email email@example.com )
- 1st Apr – Cootamundra (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 3rd Apr – Goulburn (email email@example.com )
- 5th Apr – West Wyalong (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 6th Apr – Cumnock (email email@example.com)
- 10th Apr – Dubbo (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 12th Apr – Coonamble (email email@example.com)
- 14th Apr – Bourke (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 16th Apr – White Cliffs (email email@example.com )
- 19th Apr – Inverell (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 20th Apr – Tenterfield (email email@example.com )
- 21st Apr – Casino (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 24th Apr – Coffs Harbour (email email@example.com )
- 27th Apr – Gunnedah (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Visit Co-Opera’s website for more information.