Revenge served with champagne, Co-Opera's "Revenge of the Bat"
Revenge is a dish best served with champagne
Co-Opera have been bringing irreverent comedy and rollicking music to the regions with opera for the last 20 years and are now touring Strauss’s merry operetta, Revenge of the Bat (Die Fledermaus).
The farcical musical comily is wittily sung in English and has been reimagined by Co-Opera in the heady hey day or Art Deco Australia. It bubbles along as the audience follows the hilarious high-jinx of Gabriel von Einstein, glamorous high society of the 1920’s.
In the prologue, Dr Falke’s – The Bat (Die Fledermaus) – desire for revenge. He relates how, after a drunken party his friend, Eisenstein, left him naked in the centre of town with only his mask to cover his crown jewels. This humilation in front of the whole town requires revenge!
Vivacious characters, hilarity and mayhem ensue, all washed down with gulps of the best champagne!
- 22 Mar – Merimbula (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 23 Mar – Jindabyne (email email@example.com )
- 24 Mar – Tumbarumba (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 1st Apr – Cootamundra (email email@example.com)
- 3rd Apr – Goulburn (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 5th Apr – West Wyalong (email email@example.com)
- 6th Apr – Cumnock (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 10th Apr – Dubbo (email email@example.com)
- 12th Apr – Coonamble (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 14th Apr – Bourke (email email@example.com )
- 16th Apr – White Cliffs (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 19th Apr – Inverell (email email@example.com)
- 20th Apr – Tenterfield (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 21st Apr – Casino (email email@example.com)
- 24th Apr – Coffs Harbour (email firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 27th Apr – Gunnedah (email email@example.com )
Visit Co-Opera’s website for more information.