Chief Funster of NSW
As part of the worldwide competition run by Tourism Australia called The Best Jobs in the World they have created the coveted job title Chief Funster for NSW. In one of his first duties as Chief Funster, Andrew Smith from Orange County, California will travel from Sydney to Parkes on the Elvis Express for the Elvis Festival from the 8-12 January 2014.
Andrew will be accompanied by a film crew, both capturing his activities and the broader event. The content captured will be used in the social media activity showcasing Andrew’s experiences along with future Destination NSW marketing.
The Chief Funster will play a major role of increasing the social media coverage of NSW events, attractions and experiences with the aim to increasing youth visitors and working holiday makers to NSW.
Andrew was selected for the role of Chief Funster from his outstanding ability to communicate and engage through social media networks including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. In his role as Chief Funster, he will take part in visitor activities an experiences in some of NSW’s most beautiful locations, reporting via social media on what’s happening and how visitors can plan their trip to NSW.
And what a lot of fun he will have! Some of the event highlights of the 214 Elvis Festival include:
- Wednesday 8 January – Elvis Wall of Fame honoring Molly Meldrum, Up Close with Cynthia Pepper
- Thursday 9 January – NSW TrainLink Elvis Express arrives from Sydney; Miss Priscilla Competition
- Friday 10 January – Elvis Markets, Free main stage entertainment in Cooke Park, Feature Concert Series with Mark Andrew begins
- Saturday 11 January – Street Parade, Cars of the Era Show, Elvis Tribute Artist Competition, Elvis and Priscilla look-a-like competitions
- Sunday 12 January – Elvis Gospel Service, Renewal of Vows Ceremony, Rock ‘n’ Roll dancing competition