Arts in August
If you’re looking to escape the chills of the southern parts of NSW then Lismore City Council’s, Arts in August festival has plenty to warm the hands, heart and soul.
Billed as an all out assault on your eyes, ears and intellect Arts in August is an exciting new concept designed to showcase the plethora of creative activity occurring in Lismore, Nimbin and the Villages. The program features world class performance, productions and works, in poetry, visual arts, live theatre, music and dance and includes arts trails, exhibitions, gallery tours and live shows.
- Protest Songs, Artful Actions @ Lismore Regional Art Gallery
- Annique Goldenberg: Living Water, The River Hid @ Lismore Regional Art Gallery
- Of the Heart, group exhibition of local artists @ The Channon Gallery
- Bentley Art Prize @ The Bentley Public Hall
- Nimbin Poetry World Cup @ Nimbin Town Hall and surrounding cafes
- An Afternoon of Artful Actions presented by NORPA, Lismore Regional Gallery and Lismore Conservatorium @ Lismore City Hall
- “Through These Lines” theatre performance @ Lismore City Hall
- Back Alley Gallery Street Part
Full details are available at the festival website.
Image credit: Anna Nordstrom (painter) RJ Poole (photo)