9th Annual International Arts and Health Conference: The Art of Good Health and Wellbeing
The 9th Annual International Arts and Health Conference The Art of Good Health and Wellbeing will be held from 30 October – 1 November 2017 at the Art Gallery of NSW, Sydney.
The overarching theme of the conference is “Mental Health and Resilience through the Arts”. Three key areas of practice and research will be explored:
- Mental Health, Creativity and Resilience
- ‘Arts and Health’ Programs in Hospitals, Healthcare Services, Health Promotion, Community Services
- Creative Ageing across the lifespan
Conference sessions will encompass:
- Arts Programs for Mental Health
- The Role of the Arts in Hospitals, Health and Community Services, Health Promotion
- Creative Ageing for people of all ages
- The Value of the Arts in Aged Care
- Arts and Health in Regional and Rural Australia
- Training for Arts & Health Practitioners
- Arts & Health Evaluation and Research
- International Perspectives and Collaborations
Who should attend?
- Professionals working in health, ageing, indigenous affairs, arts, education, justice, veterans programs, local government
- Federal and state government policy advisers
- Practitioners in hospitals, retirement villages, community services, aged care and palliative care facilities
- Arts organisations, artists and writers
- Art gallery & museum public programmers
- Art therapists – music, visual arts, dance, theatre
- Academics and researchers
For more information head to www.artsandhealth.org.au.