Regional Events Acceleration Fund01.03.2021
Regional NSW is blessed with a host of world-class events attracting tens of thousands of metropolitan, interstate and international visitors to regional communities each year.
The cancellation of major events due to COVID-19 has impacted local event venues, workers and communities who rely on the influx of visitors and tourist dollars.
To support the social and economic recovery of our regions, the NSW Government’s $20 million Regional Events Acceleration Fund helps organisations to:
- attract new major international and domestic events to regional areas
- make existing regional events even bigger and better.
Funding will help meet the costs of attracting or retaining major events, such as premier sporting fixtures or competitions, and helps fund the operational and infrastructure improvements existing events need to increase visitation and length of stay.
The types of events eligible for funding include:
- major sporting and lifestyle events
- major food and beverage events
- major music, art and culture festivals.
The funding is for events hosted in regional NSW between March 2021 and June 2022.
Find out more.