Support Act Crisis Relief Grants: Covid-1923.06.2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has created intense financial hardship for artists, crew and music workers throughout the country. Many of you were the first to lose your jobs and your income, and our sector could well be the last to recover.
With funding from the Australian Government through the Office for the Arts, Support Act has expanded its services to offer Crisis Relief grants to music industry professionals impacted by COVID-19. This additional funding enables us to offer crisis relief to:
- musicians, crew and music workers who are unable to access Government benefits due to eligibility or other issues
- music workers who have been able to access Government benefits but are still facing financial hardship; and to
- those who are suffering financial hardship as a result of injury, ill-health or a mental health issue that is managed through a current Mental Health Care Plan.
If your ability to work has been impacted by COVID-19 and you are a musician, crew or music worker, you may be eligible to apply for a Crisis Relief grant, provided you:
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- can prove that you have been working in the music industry for five years
- can provide names and details of two professional referees
- have household expenses which are greater than your household income.
There is no deadline to apply, however, we encourage those experiencing hardship to submit your applications as soon as possible. Our social workers aim to process applications within 21 days of receipt, but delays may be experienced from time to time due to high demand.
Find out more.