Calling on the Arts! We want your creativity and we need your help!31.03.2020
Here at RANSW, we want to know how our creatives are getting creative while in isolation? Are you using the time to bunker down and create new work? Have you created an online gallery? Are you hosting online art classes, dance classes, cooking classes? How are you sharing your music? How are you interacting with others? We want to know more!
Please tag us @RegionalArtsNSW or emails us your creative initiatives with a photo and your social media handles to email@example.com – the most creative will feature on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.
AND, remember to please help the Arts help the creatives in need!
In order to know the best way to support our industry, Arts organisations need to know who, what, where and how we have been impacted. We encourage you to take the time to complete the following surveys to help the Arts help you!
- Lost My Gig Survey – if you are an industry professional including performers, production, crew, hospitality workers, managers, booking agents and more register information about the cancellation of any gig which resulted in loss of income due to COVID-19. The information you provide is important, and if you have been impacted complete this survey and share it to your friends, family and colleagues in the industry. The information collected, as at 21 March 2020 is:
- Total lost income from cancelled events: $300M
- People impacted by event cancellations: 599k,
- Number of gigs/events: 274k
- The NAVA Survey – The National Association for The Visual Arts is working closely with National Peak Organisations as well as State and Federal Ministries and Government Departments to understand the impact of COVID-19 on the arts sector. This information is required to ensure the Art Industry is being represented accurately and the Government, at all levels are in the best possible position to consider policy and funding responses.
At this difficult time, please know support it is near. Contact:
- Call Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14 or text the helpline on 0477 131 114
- Contact Beyond Blue Support Service 24/7 on 1300 22 2636, or visit their website for access to daily web chats between 3:00pm and midnight.