Position Available: Aboriginal Arts Curator for burraja gallery17.12.2019
Murray Arts is looking for an enthusiastic and creative person to join their team as the Aboriginal Arts Curator at the regions only aboriginal art gallery, burraja gallery.
The position was established in 2017 with funding from the Creative Koori Employment Fund from Create NSW and would suit a mid-career curator who is eager to manager a space and exhibition program.
A flexible part-time role, the Aboriginal Arts Curator is responsible for:
- The development and management of an exhibition program
- The creation of all exhibitions in burraja gallery, pop up exhibitions and marketing stalls
- Maintaining stock and overseeing inventory
- Improving the gallery’s online presence and promotion on a local and state level
- Supporting and assisting local aboriginal artists through the development of targeted professional development opportunities
- Working closely with the Aboriginal Arts Officer and members of the Murray Arts team.
About burraja gallery:
Established in 2016, burraja gallery has cemented its place in the local arts & cultural landscape and is dedicated to local first nations artists who live, work or connect to the Border/North East region.
burraja gallery is located in the shopfront of the Murray Arts office on Lincoln Cause way, Gateway Island Wodonga, VIC.
For further information about the position or to submit an application, click here to find out more: https://murrayarts.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Aboriginal-Arts-Curator-burraja-gallery-Posisition-Description-2020.pdf