Opportunity | Stuart Town Art Installation11.12.2019
Orana Arts and Sydney Trains are calling for Expressions of Interest from artists to create a public art sculpture at the state heritage site Stuart Town Railway Station in recognition of its 140th anniversary.
The art installation will reflect and support the heritage and value of the site.
The artwork must:
- Be completed within a budget of $15,000 (including art commission, all materials and production costs
- Commence by 2 February 2020 for completion by 25 May 2020
- Support heritage interpretation of Stuart Town Station
- Communicate the significance of the railway station
- Be based on the research in the Heritage Interpretation Plan prepared by Extent Heritage
- Reuse a significant portion on, if not all, of the salvaged signalling equipment
- Be under 3m in height to ensure the artwork does not visually dominate the setting of the place.
Submissions must include supporting documentation:
- A letter stating why you are interested in the project (one A4 page)
- Artist statement
- Current CV (max 2 A4 pages)
- No more than 10 images of previous work relevant to the project
Applications close Monday 6 January 2020.
Applications can be emailed to:
PO BOX 246 Wellington NSW 2820
P: 0429 945 811