Employment Opportunity: MAMA Curatorial Officer Public Programs11.11.2019
Murray Art Museum Albury (MAMA) is a significant contemporary art and cultural destination on the border of NSW & Victoria. MAMA believes in the power of art and artists to inspire, challenge, and strengthen our community. Around 100,000 people visit MAMA annually, over its 363 opening days.
This position works within the curatorial team on the initiation, development and delivery of a broad range of innovative public programs in support of the Museum’s artistic, educational and outreach goals.
- Provide assistance to the Director and Curator in the development and delivery of public programs.
- Initiate and develop public programs across a range of contexts, in support of the museum’s programming goals.
- Coordinate the practical delivery of public programs and events with external and internal service providers.
- Assist in facilitating income-generating public programs.
- Proactive engagement with museum activities and programs.
Based on a 35 hour week, working 28 hours per week across a Monday to Friday spread, with actual days and times being to be negotiated with the supervisor.