Job Opportunities | Orange Regional Gallery/Orange City Council, Cowra Council04.06.2019
Two exciting new job opportunities have arisen in the Arts Out West region.
Orange Regional Gallery / Orange City Council are on the search for a Curator and Exhibition Coordinator.
Weekly Hours: 35
Weekly Salary: $1,379.69 – $1,503.86 (plus allowances and superannuation)
RDO Available: Every 4 weeks
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim – to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
This role will be responsible for:
- Managing the Gallery’s exhibition program and curating specific exhibitions.
- You will also work closely with the Director and the Gallery team on the realisation of modern and contemporary exhibitions and projects in partnership with artists, lenders and institutions.
- This role will also include supervising installation teams at the Gallery and associated sites.
So who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Have project-managed different exhibitions simultaneously to a high standard
- Demonstrate high levels of both verbal and written communication skills
- Are proficient in a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite is also desirable
So what do you need?
- Experience in a similar role including experience in exhibition development, from concept through to realisation.
- Degree in Art History, Theory or Practice or other relevant qualification.
- Experience with managing small budgets
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Ability to achieve satisfactory Criminal Record Check
This role may involve work on weekends and after regular business hours.
For further information, contact Brad Hammond on (02) 6393 8161.
To apply: https://orangecitycouncil.elmotalent.com.au/careers/external/job/view/46
A cover letter is not required, however, there are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. You can also save and return to your job application at any time prior to the closing date.
Applications close 23 June 2019
Please note: Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.
Cowra Council are also searching for a new Art Gallery Support Officer.
Position No: 1515.000
Part Time – Permanent
• 12 hours per week (Friday and Saturday 9.30am to 4.30pm)
• $338.28pw plus 9.5% superannuation
Cowra is located in NSW central tablelands and the shire is a patchwork of vineyards, farms and small villages with a diverse economic base. Its 13,000 residents enjoy a relaxed country lifestyle with easy access to modern city facilities – Canberra (2hrs), Sydney (4hrs) and only one hour to Orange and Bathurst.
Cowra Council is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with a genuine interest in the arts and cultural activities of the region, to fill the part time position of Art Gallery Support Officer.
Candidates will need to have a strong customer focus and a professional work approach as this position has a key front of house role to provide high level customer service.
Working collaboratively with the Art Gallery team, to assist with the administration and promotion of the Art Gallery’s day to day operations, including Art Gallery shop and delivery of exhibitions and public events.
The successful applicant will have completed Certificate III in Business Administration or relevant qualification/experience, demonstrated high level communication, computer skills, as well as experience with database and website administration.
Art Gallery and/or Museum administration/program experience is highly desirable as well as experience working with volunteers. The successful applicant will need to possess a current Working with Children Check.
Apply online by following the ‘Quick Links’ tab to the employment page on Cowra Council’s website.
For further enquiries contact the Art Gallery Director, Brian Langer on (02) 6340 2192.
Applications close: 24th June 2019 at midnight