Arts OutWest | Call-Out for Media Associates08.05.2019
Do you enjoy taking photographs? Do you enjoy attending arts and cultural events in your area? Then Arts OutWest would like to partner with you!
Arts OutWest is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) from enthusiastic community members to train and partner with them as Media Associates. You will be contracted as roving photographers, covering local arts related stories and sometimes writing short descriptions about them.
While working as a Media Associate with Arts OutWest, you will have varied opportunities to use and expand your photographic skills, contribute to your local community and support the work of a not-for-profit arts organisation.
Arts OutWest will provide two fun filled days of photography training with their Communications Officer, photography lecturer and exhibiting artist Steven Cavanagh. You will be given expert guidance to improve your photographic technique and any relevant media protocols.
Open to all age groups and abilities. Arts OutWest want to invest in you with some training, guidance and an annual group exhibition that showcases your photography.
- Up to 10 Media Associates will be selected from across the region: Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin.
- Media Associates will need to have their own equipment – DSLR or Mirrorless Camera, computer or laptop and internet access
- Each media associate will be allocated one geographic area to cover. Their allocated area will be local and convenient to where they are based in the Arts OutWest region
- Each media associate will be given the opportunity to cover up to five stories in their local area between the end of the training and the end of 2019
- Events mainly happen during the day with some possible evening or weekend events
- Media Associates will be paid for their time at a rate of $100 per event or project they cover
The position would ideally suit
- Retirees with a background and interest in professional or amateur photography
- A student or photographer looking to build their portfolio or experience
- An experienced photographer looking for a community focused arts opportunity
- People who work part-time and would like to do some work within the arts sector
Events you might be asked to photograph
- Art exhibitions, openings, conferences or theatre performances
- Indigenous led arts events
- Arts and Health projects
- Good photography skills – amateur or professional
- A friendly and approachable manner, confidence and ability with groups
- Basic computer skills with photoshop or lightroom helpful but not essential
- Tell us a little about yourself, any relevant experience and why you would like to take up this opportunity. Keep it simple and under 250 words.
- Submit 3 – 5 examples of your photography or provide a link to a relevant website
- Words and images to Arts OutWest firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17 May, 2019
Successful applicants will attend a weekend training workshop
at Eddy’s of Canowindra on 25 – 26 May, 2019.
Accommodation and catering to be covered by Arts OutWest.
For more information contact Arts OutWest at email@example.com or on (02) 6338 4657